I never do this sort of thing but I found this (via wolven) and I’m just too fucking lazy and burnt right now to do anything else and so fuck it.
- 1: What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Actually just about everything I did in 2013 was something I never did before. It was that sort of year.
- 2: Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can’t remember what my NYE resolutions were. Usually I just vow to keep smoking and not die. So yeah, I did that. I have two resolutions for this year. They’re not that but they’re also none of your business.
- 3: Did anyone close to you give birth?
- 4: Did anyone close to you die?
If by close, you mean proximity, then yes. If you mean emotionally, I don’t think so. Been a long year though.
- 5: What countries did you visit?
Not really able to do that just yet. If things go to plan, I might visit Korea and Japan next year.
- 6: What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013
I would like a pool. Just like everyone else in the Central Valley. Ain’t gonna happen though.
- 7: What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I’m really bad with dates.
- 8: What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achievement? I look like a fucking motivational poster to you?
- 9: What was your biggest failure?
It really wasn’t that exciting of a year. Not learning to windsurf? I dunno.
- 10: Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a few fevers and some other stuff but was basically okay. Touch wood.
- 11: What was the best thing you bought?
Aside from basics, food etc., I think I only bought a pipe. And some new slippers. And a couple of records and some books and weights. All of those are kind of basics too.
- 12: Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I don’t even know what that means. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all.
- 13: Whose behaviour made you appalled?
Not capable of that emotion. Sorry.
- 14: Where did most of your money go?
- 15: What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That’s three reallys. I’m not that melodramatic. I did get excited about the Blue Jays (they sure taught me) but I’m not sure that even warrants one really. I was also pretty excited to try Dr. Bonners Magic Soap. Reading product labels (particularly shampoo) is a bit of a hobby and that product has a really good label. It’s also a marvelous soap. You should try it. Wait – I might have tried that in . . . What year was before last?
- 16: What song will always remind you of 2013?
How the fuck am I supposed to know what will always remind me of what? Also, who is ever reminded of a year by a song? At best, I’m reminded of a night. This is a nonsense question.
- 17: Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
I’m about the same. Richer and poorer. I have a whole lot more but am not, exactly, liquid.
- 18: What do you wish you’d done more of?
Not fit to print.
- 19: What do you wish you’d done less of?
- 20: How did you spend Christmas?
I hardly remember. I ate a dinner. It involved ham.
- 21: Did you fall in love in 2013?
I did get a new dog. So obviously yes.
- 22: What was your favourite TV program?
Probably Twitch City, which I rewatched. I also like Flower Boy, Ramen shop.
- 23: Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Oh fuck yes.
- 24: What was the best book you read?
Three Soldiers by Dos Passos.
- 25: What was your greatest musical discovery?
I prefer to keep that sort of thing to myself. Also “discovery.” Like I’m Phil Spector or some shit. “Discovery.” Whatever Columbus.
- 26: What did you want and get?
A kitchen table. I’ve wanted one for years. and a washing machine. Seriously, fuck laundrymats.
- 27: What did you want and not get?
I pretty much have everything I need. I’m good, really.
- 28: What was your favourite film of this year?
I don’t think I saw any films of this year. I usually don’t. I want to see Outrage Beyond but haven’t yet.
- 29: What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My garden. And housework.
- 30: How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
It’s 115 Fucking Degrees Outside.
What’s to say anything did or I am or I was in such a state before to have been “kept” that way.
- 32: Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
G-Dragon. Goddamn, he’s cute.
- 33: What political issue stirred you the most?
Ongoing war and poverty and all the shit that goes along with it. Specifics? I don’t know. Whole world looks like a shitshow to me. Something between a prison riot and a holocaust.
I miss my old co-workers.
- 35: Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Cordless drill is not optional.
- 36: Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.